Friday, June 06, 2008

Of Kimonos and Hair!

***
A Poem by an Unknown Girl
Hair!

Hair......long sleek silky hair
Floppy dark raven hair
Vibrant hues of auburn hair

Mops of golden baby hair
Softly shaven 'bald-head' hair
Tennis ball-like to the touch


All different types of hair
I like so much
What is it with hair?
That makes you double-backand just stare?



But most of all the one
that steals my attention
is that dark, shaggy, in-the-eyes
type of hair! !


Heaven......... I must be mad
but do you know?
I just love hair! ! !
***

These three kimonos were bought on Yahoo!Japan, which is just about my favorite source for Japanese costumes for my dolls. The largest one is made of sumptuous silk, and the colors and pattern are just delightful. I actually meant it for a slightly smaller doll (Marguerite Joy), but she's so kicky and slippery that I simply could not get it on her. I will have to try again when I'm calm and not so impatient! The middle one is very cute, also of silk. It's a shorter, above-the-knees length one that suits my Miss Rosie's perky personality to a T! The color is really nicely contrasted by her tan! And the teeniest one is barely three inches tall and amazingly detailed for such a miniscule item! I am in complete awe of what Japanese seamstresses can do!

I want a kimono for every one of my dolls, which means that I have, let's see...7 more to go, hahah! Well, actually just 4. I have 2 others that just doesn't suit any of them color-wise, and Keo is a boy, so he'll get a Hakama instead. Of course, it would be nice if each could have a kimono/hakama for every season! Mina has a gorgeous autumn-hued one, and it would be fun to find a colorful spring one for her, too. Sigh........... Some day!

Too Much Stuff and Not Enough Money,

~Tinooseus!

Posted by Picasa

No comments: