Saturday, December 23, 2006

Day Two of the Blizzard of 2006...

The view from my window...

December 21, 2006
Snowed in! No work! What a happy day this was! I woke up early in the morning so I could take pictures before any of the locals could strap on some snowshoes or skis and mar the clean blanket of snow that covered our city. It was still dark, but I managed to get some pretty nice shots as I quietly and carefully made my way to the front of the house to see what had happened while I slept through the night.

First of all, take a gander at my living room windows-- you can see the snow had really started to pile up on the roof-- I couldn't take a good shot of the view outside the window because all that blinding white-on-white does not give my camera much to auto-focus on...



















I didn't even bother to try to navigage the stairs. After taking these pics, I just swept the snow off as I gingerly walked down the icy metal steps. Taking a diver into the concrete below would hurt despite the 2+ feet drifts--better safe than sorry!



















My bike...




















The yard...



















...and the latest view of those hootin' mushroom chairs from yesterday, lol!














It was so hard to get the front gate open!




Love how pretty the falling snow looks!


I didn't try to get the back gate open because the drifts back there was about 4 or 5 feet high. Plus, I thought it'd be nice to leave my downstair neighbors a little untouched and pristine snow to play in when they got up, lol! Here is the shot that I took from my steps--I could look down and over the fence that way:














Uh...this is my bus stop. I guess I'm really glad there's no work today!














Standing on the front porch of the house, looking across the street at a buried car:














Here's a pretty shot of the fence:



Ok... I was starting to wish that I could go somewhere, like to my parents' house to play with my niece! It's kind of sad and lonely to be snowed in all by yourself. Not even a friendly neighbor to spend an afternoon with... And it's so quiet around here-- I think I want some of the hysterical chaos which is ALWAYS going on at my parents' house when my brother comes home for a visit. TVs blaring, mom yelling in Japanese in the kitchen, my niece shrieking to be heard above it all, my dad cranking HIS tv up in his bedroom so he can hear the game, my brother talking to one of us or on the phone in his deep, booming voice, me trying to get my niece to sing Aggalina-Haggalina* with me, my sister trying to talk to my brother or just staring in shock and awe at all of us (probably has her hearing aids cranked down, lol!)

~Tinooseus


*Aggalina-Haggalina was a song that I learned in the 2nd grade that I've never forgotten. It goes like this:

Aggalina-Haggalina Oka-Poka-Woka-Toka-Ocka-Tocka-Wocka was her name!

She had two eyes in the middle of her head-
One was green and the other one red!

Aggalina-Haggalina Oka-Poka-Woka-Toka-Ocka-Tocka-Wocka was her name!

She had two teeth in the middle of her mouth-
One pointed north and the other one south!

Aggalina-Haggalina Oka-Poka-Woka-Toka-Ocka-Tocka-Wocka was her name!

She had two hairs in the middle of her head-
One was alive and the other one dead!

Aggalina-Haggalina Oka-Poka-Woka-Toka-Ocka-Tocka-Wocka was her name!

A big red truck hit Aggaline (howl)--
So the man had to buy a new machine!

No comments: